Sometimes when you simply wish for a new feature, and express this out loud, a little techy angel hears you and says, “Oh, that feature already exists!” While in the midst of a competitive web site analysis recently, one such angel appeared (thanks, John), and my competitive analysis task became simpler. That feature — the ability to open a whole bunch of web sites in separate tabs at the same time, is available in Internet Explorer 8. Read the instructions below to learn how to make this little bit of magic happen.
- Open the web sites you want to open, each in a new tab.
- Click on Favorites.
- Click on the “Add to Favorites” dropdown.
- Select “Add Current Tabs to Favorites.”
- Create a folder name. All tabs will be saved to that folder.
- In a new browser session, open the Favorites menu again.
- Find the folder you just created, then click on the arrow to the right of the folder name.
Voila! All your tabs in that folder will open. (May take a minute for all pages to load.)